Health & Fitness
Healthy Weight Management
MEND - Mind, Exercise, Nutrition... Do It!
Change lifestyle habits. Discover easy ways to make healthy changes at home that will last a lifetime.
Play more and be physically active. Have fun doing it!
Eat healthier food. This includes meal preparation and reading labels.
Take action. Have fun with others who face similar challenges and work together for a healthier, active, family lifestyle.
YMCA Highland Family Development Centre,
155 McDermid Drive
Tuesday & Thursdays from 6:15pm-8:15pm
|Prince George||7 – 13 years old
||April 4, 2017 - June 8, 2017||
Tuesday 6:15pm-8:15pm &
MEND is an evidence-based program with over nine years of international research results demonstrating positive effects on both physical outcomes and psychological indices. An evaluation of the program in BC has found statistically significant positive changes after MEND included increases in eating vegetables and fruit, increased physical activity, decreased sedentary behaviour, decreased child and parent BMI, decreased child waist circumference and increased psychological well-being (emotional distress, body esteem and self-esteem) using standardized and validated instruments and testing protocols.
MEND 7-13 consists of two 2-hour interactive group sessions a week for 10 weeks. Sessions focus on healthy meal planning, goal setting and physical activity. More play, less screen time, and improved self-esteem are some of the many benefits of MEND.
What to Expect
- Parents/caregivers join their children in each session to learn how to choose healthier foods
- Families participate in practical demonstrations and games that offer tips about healthy eating, label reading and portion sizes
- Physical activity sessions focus on having fun, learning new skills and being active as a family
- Trained leaders show how small changes in lifestyle can make a big difference in whole family's health
- Group sessions allow families to learn from
How to Register?
Prince George: Tara Legault 250-562-9341 x 107