Simon Fraser Lodge
2410 Laurier Crescent, Prince George
Simon Fraser Lodge (SFL) is a long-term care facility in Prince George that houses 124 residents. The goal of YMCA Recreation Services is to improve these residents’ quality of life by offering them the comforts of home and the benefits of leisure.
Here are examples of how YMCA staff and volunteers boost resident life:
- Individualized fitness programs for range of motion and strength-building
- Care of animals such as birds, fish and cats
- Gardening to provide fresh vegetables
- Maintaining a living environment with plants and flowers
- Inviting community partners to provide live entertainment, art workshops etc.
- Community outings for shopping and social time
- Hosting leisure activities such as board games, bingo, bowling, baking, scrapbooking, manicures, movies and much more depending on resident requests.
Please contact Cecelia Parent at 250-563-3413 x 118 for more information.
Simon Fraser Lodge won 1st place in the Viewer's Choice Award at the 2014 BCNE!