School Age : Y Citizens
Are your pre-teens on their own after school? Research states that the after-school hours have proven to be the most dangerous for children as victims or as victimizers - whether it's out in public or on the computer.
Register now for Y Citizens - a NEW After School Care program for kids 10 – 13 that will keep them safe, out of trouble and busy while they make friends, have fun and develop their leadership and planning skills. YMCA staff will guide the children as they create activities in areas of nutrition, fitness, culture, community service and more.
Afterschool programs affect student success:
- Improve academic performance
- Build better work habits
- Support pro-social behavior with peers
- Fewer school absences
Three Key Factors Linked To Positive Outcomes:
- More time spend expanding learning in afterschool = greater benefits for youth
- When youth like their afterschool program, they show improvement in the classroom
- Youth appreciate and need support from afterschool staff
Y Citizens operates Monday to Friday from 2pm – 6pm (including Pro D Days) at Westwood Church.
Transportation is included in your monthly registration fee of $315.
Subsidized spaces available sponsored by The RBC Foundation.
Contact Corrine at 250 562 9341 ext. 109 or corrine.hemeryck(at)nbcy.org to register. View the information and registration packages here.