Board of Directors
The Board of Directors are a group of dedicated, skilled volunteers who ensure that the YMCA of Northern BC operates in adherence to its Constitution and By-laws. The Board sets the strategic plan based on community need in line with our mission, building healthy communities. The Board of Directors follow best practice in governance and operate effectively in accordance with YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibility and caring.
New Board members will be voted in at our AGM in February.
We are looking for community-minded individuals, who can provide leadership and guidance, to join our volunteer Board of Directors.
- Are you interested and committed to volunteering in a non profit governance role?
- Are you prepared to attend board meetings a minimum of six out of eight annually?
- Are you prepared to participate in one committee?
- Are you a YMCA member, child care parent or YMCA donor (or willing to be)?
- Are you willing to give an annual donation to our Strong Kids Fundraiser?
Download the application form here. Deadline to apply is December 15, 2016.
Thank you for your interest in applying to be on our Board of Directors. We confirm this is a volunteer position. We have a due diligence procedure we follow in vetting all applicants. We will contact successful applicants when there are vacancies available on the Board.
2017 Board Members